A moped blog

Mopeds at Dawn is a collection of photos, videos and information on mine, and other peoples classic mopeds.

"Welcome to M.A.D, we hope you enjoy the blog and welcome any feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us."

Friday 26 October 2012

Gurtner idle fix!

After coming across this web site:

http://www.myronsmopeds.com/category/service/carburetor-service/



















I read that the idle pathway needed to be drilled out with a #71 jewellers drill bit. So I ordered a couple.
















When the drill bits arrived they fitted in my small rotary tool. So I used the bit to drill down through the air bleed hole and through the brass fitting and out the other side creating a new idle pathway.
















I tested the new idle pathway with carb cleaner and saw it spray out in the correct place so I reassembled the carb and fitted it back on the vogue.

 

And it works!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment