Today i took the Peugeot for its first test ride since installing the new forks and disc brake. It slightly bogged on take off but then got up to speed nicely. The ride was much smoother with the new forks and the disc brakes stopping power is unbelievable. It must stop in half the distance of the old drum brake. I think the weight of the beefy new forks and the luggage box has affected its ability to climb hills. Next up i need to look at increasing performance.
Thursday, 31 January 2013
Tuesday, 29 January 2013
So today i had two things to do on the Magnum X. First was to fit the rear mudgaurd as i got caked in mud last time i rode it. Secondly i need to down jet the carb as the plug looked way too rich and the bike bogged at three quarter throttle. It turns out that the jet i was using was the the second smallest and the one smaller was way smaller. I drilled out the smaller jet so it was only slightly smaller that the original jet. Will have to see if this is any better or i will need some more jets.
Sunday, 27 January 2013
Friday, 25 January 2013
Thursday, 24 January 2013
I still need to replace the throttle cable and adjust the idle and jetting but it started right up so heres a quick video.
Wednesday, 23 January 2013
The mounting bracket held the caliper too close to the axle which meant to disk was too big so i flipped the mount and with a little modification it seems to fit perfectly.
Heres a couple of shots with it mounted up. I have no experience with disc brakes so will have to learn as i go.
Thursday, 17 January 2013
Sunday, 13 January 2013
Friday, 11 January 2013
Thursday, 10 January 2013
So after removing the forks i was looking at replacements online and realised that i would need to change the bars as i intend to upgrade the forks the old bars won't fit. Luckily i had the perfect set in the spares box so i gave them a clean and mounted the controls ready to install when i get some forks.
Tuesday, 8 January 2013
After fitting the luggage box today i noticed that the front wheel wasn't quite straight in the forks. When i untightened the wheel nuts the right fork leg sprang down while the left one stayed in place. It turns out the left fork leg is bent and jammed up. Looks like Im gonna need a new set.
Saturday, 5 January 2013
Now that both my Tomos and peugeot are on the road Sinclairio has got this crazy idea that he wants his puch working too. So today he removed the 4 stroke pit bike motor and installed the rebuilt E50. Jobs still to do are clean and fit the carb and intake, install new stator when it arrives, check the breaks, install chain, and finally connect the kill switch.
While this is going on i can make a start on fixing up the puch magnum scrambler.