Monday, 30 January 2012
Sunday, 29 January 2012
So today i decided to change the rear end of the tomos heres a shot of it just after i'd removed the plate.
First of all i trimmed down the rear fender leaving just enough for the number plate mount.
Here's a shot with the numberplate mounted.
I mounted the LED tail light to the bottom of the seat and ran the wires through the seat post and in between the frame and the fender to the wiring harness.
I've just got to figure out the wiring, and i can take it for a test ride.
Saturday, 28 January 2012
Here it is installed in the cylinder. I used my new ring compressor which made it very easy.
Once the cylinder was bolted back on with the new piston inside we checked the compression
Next we cleaned out the carb and installed that.
We then decided to put the old wheels back on as we had a few problems with the larger ones mounting correctly. Then we installed the Technigas exhaust.
And finally here it is running!!
Friday, 27 January 2012
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
Tuesday, 24 January 2012
So it turned out I had a loose connection on my stator and once I had been through all the connections I had a good strong spark. I also mounted up the voltage regulator and swapped out the rear bulbs for 12v ones. I just need to order a 12v headlamp bulb now.
Sunday, 22 January 2012
Well the parts are ordered, re-placement 45mm piston (as I split mine to buggerry), spare gaskets (always handy), three sprockets a 9 & 14 tooth for the front & 32 tooth for the rear tomos wheel once we get the engine running. Ordered from it from 50cc saving myself about $40's/€30's or 23 of the queens golden nuggets BOOOO...!
Today I removed the small wire from the old lighting coil and attached it with a ring connector to the mounting bolt for the ignition coil. I then installed the new 12v lighting coil. I put the stator back on the bike and mounted the flywheel.
Now I'm not getting a spark?
Saturday, 21 January 2012
Here's the A35 stator with 12v lighting coil.
Here is the 12v lighting coil
All i need to do is swap the one on the left for the one on the right (A3 stator with 6v coils)
Unfortunately the 12v coil only has one yellow wire connected and the 6v coil has 2 a yellow and a green one.
Ok so here i have removed the old 6v coils and unravelled the green and yellow wires ready to install the new 12v coil and run its yellow wire up and out the top.
The old coils are connected to the ignition coil with this little wire.
So i dont know what im suppose to do with this little wire??
I started a thread on Moped Army to find out:
Friday, 20 January 2012
Thursday, 19 January 2012
Sunday, 15 January 2012
So today I decided I would take the top end of the a35 and use it to replace the busted airsal top end on Sinclairios e50. I was pretty sure it would fit as tomos and puch kits tend to be interchangeable. Also I meant that the e50 would now have a reed valve instead of a piston port. I had some Polini carbon reeds to go on it too. Anyway long story short, I bust a ring trying to install the piston. Ordered new rings and the smallest ring compressor I could find. Here's a couple of shots I took:
Friday, 13 January 2012
I got out for a little ride this evening. Second gear is definitely shifting later, but it still not a clean shift. Got 47mph out of her. But I think with a different pipe that has a higher power band I could be pushing 60.
When I pulled up at home I noticed the intake had been frosted. Hmmm airleak??
Wednesday, 11 January 2012
I installed the new clutch springs today while I was reassembling the a3 clutches. I decided to put a light spring on first gear and a heavy spring on the second gear clutch. I hope to get the second gear to engage as late as possible. I also cut some groves into the 2nd gear clutch pad.
As the a35 pivot pins didn't fit in the a3 clutch and a3 pivot pins are no longer available I had no choice but to fabricate my own. Sinclairio suggested I make some out of a suitable sized bolt. It worked and the clutch is engaging as it should.
Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Nothing broken in here! I'll need to split the crank case next.
So here are the A35 clutches. I'll take those three pins out to go in the A3 clutch so i can at least get back on the road. I'm thinking of putting the new light clutch springs on the A3 and i will save the heavy springs for the A35 build.
Sunday, 8 January 2012
and its looking good.