Sunday, 22 September 2013
Thursday, 19 September 2013
Sunday, 15 September 2013
Thursday, 12 September 2013
This evening I finally got around to making a rad mount for my peugeot. I used some aluminium off cuts I had lying around. It seems to be pretty sturdy but will find out once I install the new kit and hook the hoses up.
Today I decided to adapt my Tomos temp gauge mount to fit on my Peugeot. I want to check the running temperature of my Vogue cylinder so when I upgrade to the Airsal H2O kit I have some sort of an estimate as to what temperature I should be running at.
Sunday, 8 September 2013
Saturday, 7 September 2013
Today I had to make a mount for the old mudguard to fit it on the new front end. I used an offcut of thin steel plate and hammered it round a piece of wood to make it the right shape. Then I drilled holes to attach it to the forks. I decided to trim down the mudguard a bit then mounted it on the bracket id shaped. Next I masked up the sides of the guard and sprayed the centre black. Once it had dried I mounted it on the front forks. Time for a test ride!!
Sunday, 1 September 2013
This afternoon I finished bolting on the front forks. To accomplish this I needed to uses various parts cannibalised from other bikes. I then installed the clip on bars. Im not totally happy with their height but I can worry about that later. I installed the disc brake lever and the old throttle cable but really I need a new one.
The bike is really coming together now. I still need to install the rear brake lever/cable, bleed the front brake, pump up the tyres and work out how im going to install the front mud guard.
Test ride coming soon!!!