A moped blog

Mopeds at Dawn is a collection of photos, videos and information on mine, and other peoples classic mopeds.

"Welcome to M.A.D, we hope you enjoy the blog and welcome any feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us."

Saturday 13 April 2013

Tomos ignition

Since I installed the rebuild engine on my tomos I havent taken it out much but when I did i noticed a slight stutter under throttle and I was convinced it was a problem with my stator which was the only old thing I used on my rebuilt engine. Now recently I upgraded Sinclairios bike to HPI and he said I could use his almost new points stator on my tomos. The only thing I wanted to keep was my 12volt lighting coil. I swapped that onto his stator and installed it on the tomos and set the timing. It fired up first kick but I will have to wait for a dry day to see if this has solved the problem.
 
 
New stator is on the left.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment