A moped blog

Mopeds at Dawn is a collection of photos, videos and information on mine, and other peoples classic mopeds.

"Welcome to M.A.D, we hope you enjoy the blog and welcome any feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us."

Monday 12 November 2012

Tomos A3 engine swap (part3)

Today I thought id do a bit more on my A35 Build. Once I had made sure that both cases were clean and free from metal shavings from the case matching I pushed in the new crank seals.

The next thing to do was install the new bearings on the Top Racing crank. I used a heat gun to get the bearings really hot so they expanded then I used a some pliers to drop them onto the crank.

Below is a shot of the crank with the bearings installed.























Next I needed to heat up the cases so the crank with bearings would fit. I then realised that I would have to remove the seals as I didn't want them to melt.
























Above is a shot of the crank installed in one case with the gasket in place.
























After heating up the other case I fitted them together and bolted them up. Once the cases had cooled I pushed in the crank seals from the outside.























The next thing to do was to install the gasket and then the piston on a new roller bearing.























More to follow soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment