A moped blog

Mopeds at Dawn is a collection of photos, videos and information on mine, and other peoples classic mopeds.

"Welcome to M.A.D, we hope you enjoy the blog and welcome any feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us."

Friday 14 February 2014

New adjustable engine stabilizer

The original engine stabilizer was doing the job pretty well but I did notice that under high revs the belt would flap about a bit. That would suggest to me that it needed to be tighter. In addition when I added the Doppler variator the left peddle crank would just hit the variator nut. So I decided to make a new stabilizer but as I didnt know how much longer it needed to be. I decided to make an adjustable one out of angle iron for added rigidity. I installed it on the second hole and now the peddle clears the variator 'just'.
So i will have to see how it performs.

No comments:

Post a Comment