A moped blog

Mopeds at Dawn is a collection of photos, videos and information on mine, and other peoples classic mopeds.

"Welcome to M.A.D, we hope you enjoy the blog and welcome any feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us."

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Tomos disc brake

The disc brake caliper arrived today for the tomos. Its the same one I used on the Peugeot. I offered up the wheel to the forks and measured out to where the edge of the disc will be when it arrives. Then I attached the caliper by one bolt so I could rotate it till it sat at the right distance and angle from the axle. Next i'll make a cardboard template to mount the caliper to the existing holes on the fork. Once ive got the template right I'll cut it out of 5mm steel plate then drill and tap the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment