A moped blog

Mopeds at Dawn is a collection of photos, videos and information on mine, and other peoples classic mopeds.

"Welcome to M.A.D, we hope you enjoy the blog and welcome any feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact us."

Sunday 12 February 2012

Clutch resurfacing!


So I used the clutch puller I bought the other day and look what I did to the clutch drum. It was a really poor quality puller and it didn't work correctly and dented the drum. Anyway I returned it and bought a better one today with which I was able to remove the clutch assembly.














Here is the second gear clutch with the cork removed, the three strips of leather cut to size, some gorilla glue, and a large jubilee clip to hold it together while it dries.























Here it is all glued up and secured with the jubilee clip. I'll leave it like this for a couple of days.







I was able to knock out the dents in the clutch drum as a temporary fix but have ordered another one from:

No comments:

Post a Comment