Sunday, 12 February 2012
So I used the clutch puller I bought the other day and look what I did to the clutch drum. It was a really poor quality puller and it didn't work correctly and dented the drum. Anyway I returned it and bought a better one today with which I was able to remove the clutch assembly.
Here is the second gear clutch with the cork removed, the three strips of leather cut to size, some gorilla glue, and a large jubilee clip to hold it together while it dries.
Here it is all glued up and secured with the jubilee clip. I'll leave it like this for a couple of days.
I was able to knock out the dents in the clutch drum as a temporary fix but have ordered another one from: